Are you interested in improving how care is organised and delivered in care homes?
Have you, or a relative or friend, lived in a care home? Have you worked in the care home sector, or in social care, or clinically with care home residents? Could you help us to improve our growing programme of research that we are doing in care homes?
If your answer is ‘yes’ to any of these questions, we would like to invite you to join our Care Home Interest Group (CHIG)
What will the Care Home Interest Group do?
The group will help our research staff to think about studies from a patient/public point of view and to make sure that people have access to good quality research information. They do this by helping us to:
- make sure our research is relevant and useful
- increase knowledge and understanding of care home research
- find ways of telling people about research news
How you can get involved.
You don’t need any special skills to join our group – we are keen to work with people who have experience or interest in care homes, and who are able to explain what that is like and contribute to our group discussions to help make our research better.
You can get involved in a range of ways including:
- Attending two meetings per year, with other volunteers, research staff and health professionals.
- Telling us your ideas and giving us your advice about our research plans
- Talking to people about our research and results (in line with confidentiality)
…or by taking part in a combination of all of these ways!
The first meeting of our Care Home Interest Group (CHIG) will take place on
- Wednesday 8th March 2017,
- 10.30am – 12.00pm
- Howden room, King George VI Building, Newcastle University.
Places are limited to 25 and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
To register your interest in joining the group and/or taking part in the meeting please click on this link http://www.voicenorth.org/opportunities/care-home-interest-group/
Refreshments will be provided and we will reimburse reasonable travel expenses.