North East Dementia Alliance
The NE Dementia Alliance (NEDA) is a successful cross sector partnership and collaboration involving individuals and organisations from the public, private and third sectors, and also people living with dementia and those who care for them. With a focus on the North East and Cumbria, NEDA is working hard to:
- Raise awareness and understanding about Dementia
- Promote early diagnosis and support
- Enable people to live well with Dementia
A growing network
With a growing network of over 100 organisations and individuals working together and sharing best practice and innovation, NEDA is proving to be a powerful force in shaping North East dementia policy.
The NEDA network provides an opportunity for members to:
- Take part in regular meetings, themed events and training, focussing on specific issues around dementia,
- Keep up to date with the latest news and developments from around the region and nationally,
- Share what works well and challenge what doesn’t, but also work together to develop innovative solutions.
Listening and understanding
But crucially, NEDA’s work is grounded in the experiences of people who are living with or caring for someone with dementia, and supported by the latest research evidence gathered by the Dementia Innovation Hub.
Members currently include carers organisations, Police and Fire Services, Alzheimer’s Society and AgeUK, Voluntary groups, housing providers, NHS Trusts, Public Health England, young people’s organisations, universities, people living with dementia and their families.